What is the rental fee and what does it include?
- Please check out the details here for pricing and what's included.
What is the venue capacity?
- Our max capacity is 200 people including the bridal party.
Do we need chairs to have a ceremony?
- No you do not. The amphitheatre is designed so that the seating is the limestone butter blocks. You are welcome to have chairs if that is what your vision is.
What dates are available?
- Please check out our dates available here.
Can we have our reception at your venue?
- You absolutely can! We have a 4,500 sq ft open air pavilion for dinner and dancing while keeping the view available everywhere you look.
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- Yes. When the contract is signed, to continue holding the date, we require a $1,000 deposit. Nine months prior to the event 50% of the remaining fee will be due. The final installment will be required 30 days prior to the event. You are welcome to send any other amounts within those requirements if that is helpful for your budgeting. Full payment is due by the specified due date. We also reserve the right to request a credit card on file for any damages to the facility or grounds.
How do I reserve a date?
- To reserve a date email us at firstname.lastname@example.org saying that you are ready to book the date you choose, if it is still available. It is a good idea to include a backup date in your email incase the first date you choose is unavailable. Hopefully before you book a date you are able to come out for a tour of the venue, you can request a tour on our Request a Tour page. But know that a tour is not required to book a date w us. Dates are reserved on a first request to start the contract process basis.
Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
- So we can take the best care of you, we request that all tours are by appointment only. You can request a tour here.
What is the average budget of a couple getting married at J-D Ranch Texas?
- Great question. Our research tells us the average budget will be between $13,000 - $18,000. It will depend on guest count and how creative you are with your budget:)
Is there a food and beverage, or guest count minimum?
- No there is not. We want you to have as many guests (up to 200 max)as you would like within the budget that works for you.
Do we have to utilize your caterers and bar service?
- Not at this time. If you need recommendations on these services, we can guide you. We would like to meet and approve the vendors you choose to make sure they are a fit for your big day. They must be licensed and insured. Bartenders must be TABC certified.
Will there be another wedding the same day?
- No there will not be. Your wedding will be the only one that day.
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
What happens in case of rain?
- The rain plan is to move under the pavilion:)
If we have our ceremony off-site, or only plan to have our ceremony at J-D Ranch Texas, does your fee change?
- Because we only host one event per day, our fee structure remains the same whether you have your ceremony only, reception only or both onsite. You can find our venue rental pricing here.
Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
- We are dog friendly with some specific stipulations. Dogs are allowed (only by pre-approval by Gretchen) at the ceremony and pictures. Dogs must be on a leash at all times and someone must be responsible for them other than the Bride and Groom. J-D Ranch Texas is a working ranch with many different type of animals on the property so we want everyone to remain safe and have good time.
What form of payment does J-D Ranch Texas accept?
- Our preferred form of payment is check.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
- We do not have a cancellation waiting list, but as soon as a date becomes available, we post it here
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
- You will have access to the venue at the time listed on your contract, not earlier. Please plan accordingly.
Do you include a "wedding day coordinator?"
- J-D Ranch Texas does not include a wedding day coordinator. We want to insure the venue is in working order and help in any way we can to help your very important day go smoothly. A coordinator is going to be much better suited to take care of all your wedding day needs. And we strongly encourage you to have a day of coordinator at minimum, it will relieve a lot of possible stress of the day, allowing you to enjoy every minute all the more.
Will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
- Because we can't guarantee a specific day and time for a rehearsal due to other weddings and events happening, we recommend you plan for an offsite rehearsal. All you really need is for everyone to know who is doing what when and in what order. You are also welcome to bring those involved in your wedding to our open house, where you can show the layout and plan accordingly and do a rehearsal as well.
Can we have fireworks on the property?
- For safety reasons, there are no fireworks or sparklers allowed on the property.
Can vehicles be left overnight?
- No vehicles can be left overnight. Please let all of your guests know this policy as well. We are a working ranch and all gates will be closed and locked at all times other than the time span of your event. We want to keep the horses and goats in:)
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
- Due to J-D Ranch Texas being a working ranch, all gates will be closed and locked other than the time span of your event. Items can be dropped off or picked up within that time frame.
Are candles allowed?
- Battery powered candles are allowed. No flames.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
Setup and Day-of Event Questions
Are outside snacks and trays permitted?
- While getting ready for the event, outside snacks and drinks are permitted. Once the event begins, they are no longer allowed.
What is the event clean-up process?
- J-D Ranch Texas team will handle standard clean up during and after your ceremony. We do not bus tables.
Can we take photos around the ranch on our wedding day?
- Yes you can! Just make sure you allow time for that and let us know so we can guide you to some great locations.